Objecting to the Settlement

How do I object to the settlement?

If you are a member of the Settlement Class and you do not reject your settlement and opt out of the suit, you may object to the terms of the settlement. If you object and the settlement is approved, you will be barred from bringing your own individual lawsuit asserting claims related to the matters referred to in the lawsuit, and you will be bound by the final judgment and release and all Orders entered by the Court. You may, but need not, enter an appearance through counsel of your choice. If you do, you will be responsible for your own attorneys’ fees and costs.

If you object to the settlement, you must, on or before April 6, 2019 serve upon the Court at United States District Court for the District of Kansas, Bob Dole U.S. Courthouse, 500 State Ave., Kansas City, KS 64106, The Hodgson Law Firm LLC, 3609 SW Pryor Rd., Lee’s Summit, MO 64082 (class counsel), and Justin Keith, Greenberg Traurig, One International Place, Suite 2000, Boston, MA 02110 (counsel for FIREBIRDS), a written objection including: (a) your full name, address and telephone number, (b) the approximate dates of your employment with FIREBIRDS, and your job title(s) while employed with FIREBIRDS, (c) a brief written statement of all grounds for the objection accompanied by any legal support for your objection, (d) copies of any papers, briefs or other documents upon which the objection is based, (e) a list of all persons who will be called to testify in support of the objection, (f) a statement of whether you intend to appear at the Fairness Hearing, and (g) your signature, even if you are represented by counsel. If you intend to appear at the Fairness Hearing through counsel, the objection must also state the identity of all attorneys representing you who will appear at the Fairness Hearing. Settlement Class members who do not timely make their objections in this manner will be deemed to have waived all objections and shall not be heard or have the right to appeal approval of the settlement.