Frequently Asked Questions

The following are “Frequently Asked Questions” about the settlement.

If you do not find an answer to your question here:

  • Documents such as the Complaint and Settlement Agreement can be found by clicking here
  • You can write the Settlement Administrator at the address listed here
What is this case about?

Firebirds Restaurants are owned by Firebirds, International, Inc (“Firebirds”). In 2017 a lawsuit was filed in federal court in Kansas, alleging that servers at Firebirds Restaurants may not have been properly paid for all time worked. The lawsuit alleges that FIREBIRDS’s pay practices violated the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) and various state wage and hour laws.

FIREBIRDS has denied and continues to deny all of the allegations in Plaintiff’s petition and denies it violated the FLSA or any applicable state or federal laws.

FIREBIRDS maintains that servers were properly paid for their hours worked. The Court has not decided who is right and who is wrong or weighed the arguments of either side. The parties, however, agreed to a settlement. You are entitled to participate in the settlement in exchange for a release of all federal, state and local wage and hour claims you may have arising from your employment in the above position.

Who is a class member in this settlement?

You are a class member if you worked as a server at a Firebirds restaurant between May 12, 2014 and January 3, 2019.

Can Firebirds retaliate against me if I participate in this settlement?

If you are a current employee of FIREBIRDS, you will not be retaliated against for participating in this settlement. Under federal law, it is illegal for FIREBIRDS to terminate you or retaliate against you in any fashion because you have participated in this settlement.

My name or address changed and I cannot cash this check. What should I do?

Please send the check back to the settlement administrator along with a letter of explanation and documentation such as a copy of a marriage certificate for a name change, and your check will be reissued.  The address to write to is:

Firebirds Class Action Settlement
P.O. Box 2005
Chanhassen, MN 55317-2005

How can I update my address?

If your address changed, please write to the settlement administrator at this address, providing your name, claim number, old address and new address:

Firebirds Class Action Settlement
P.O. Box 2005
Chanhassen MN 55317-2005

If you updated your address with Post Office, please allow them 14 days to redirect your check to your new address before reporting the check as lost to the Settlement Administrator.

What is the effect of my arbitration agreement on this settlement?

If you signed an arbitration agreement with Firebirds, that agreement does not apply to this settlement.

What if I have more questions?

You may call the settlement administrator toll-free at 855-326-4810 or email them at, and your inquiry will be responded to as quickly as possible.